Welcome to Women’s Hops And Talks, a new Blazers’s Edge podcast where we elevate the voices of women in basketball. Twice a month, co-hosts Tara and Kendyl will talk with women who write about, talk about, work in and love basketball—especially the Trail Blazers. For our first episode we talk to NBC Sports Northwest digital host/reporter Jamie Hudson.
We learn more about how busy Jamie is as a digital reporter, her early broadcasting days (including interviewing Sir Charles on the red carpet), and what advice she has for those looking at getting into sports reporting. Other topics include
- Jamie’s outside shooting skills
- Challenges and rewards of being a woman covering sports
- Who is surprising us in the NBA this season?
- Is there another team about to be as obnoxious as the Clippers?
- Who will be the new face of the NBA when (if) LeBron retires?
- Which women inspire Jamie
Check us out in the coming weeks and months as we talk to more women who love basketball.
- Jamie’s feature on Zach Collins from this summer
- Road Trippin Podcast with RJ and Channing
- Steve Kerr nail clippers interview
Women’s Hops And Talks (W.H.A.T.)
Join the Women’s Hops And Talks Facebook group to talk about Trail Blazers with others who identify as women who love basketball.
Join other #BlazersWHAT fans to watch a game together once a month. Next up is November 25 when the Trail Blazers take on the Washington Wizards.
Music used in the episode: "Happy Alley" Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License