clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Video: Shaedon Sharpe Destroys the Universe with Dunk against Wizards

Portland’s rookie doesn’t care about your concept of space-time, or gravity.

NBA: Atlanta Hawks at Portland Trail Blazers Troy Wayrynen-USA TODAY Sports

Portland Trail Blazers guard Shaedon Sharpe stopped the universe, and the hearts of everyone inside the Moda Center, on February 14th with a massive dunk in Portland’s game against the Washington Wizards. With 1:27 remaining in the third period, Sharpe caught a pass from teammate Nassir Little in the coffin corner, left side, and then this...

The NBA will want to make a poster of that slam, but the likelihood of it breaking any wall it hangs on is high. No word yet if they plan to enclose it in solid carbonite with a radioactive warning label.

Sharpe is averaging 7.8 points in 20.1 minutes per game for Portland this year, his rookie season. He shoots 47.7% from the floor, but his agent will probably file a petition to have that dunk make up the other 52.3% he’s missed this year, on the ground that it was pure 100.