Damian Lillard is only 221 points away from overtaking Clyde Drexler’s Portland Trail Blazers’ points record.
Other than Lillard who currently sits on 17,820 points, no Blazer has even come close to Drexler’s 18,040 points since he was traded to the Houston Rockets in 1995.
Now, assuming Lillard is able to stay fit, his 2022-23 season average is 25.8 points a game. If he’s able to sustain this level of scoring he’ll get to Drexler’s record around December 21 when the Blazers are on the road against the Oklahoma City Thunder.
Dear readers, we lay the gauntlet before you. Can you predict the minute, the quarter, the game and the shot Lillard hits to get the record. Below are the Blazers next 16 games? In the comment section, tell us what game you think Dame will do it, what quarter, what minute, and, as a tiebreaker, what kind of shot the record-breaker will be!
Here’s Portland’s upcoming schedule, for your reference.
- Denver Nuggets - Home - December 8
- Minnesota Timberwolves - Home - December 10
- Minnesota Timberwolves - Home - December 12
- San Antonio Spurs - Road - December 14
- Dallas Mavericks - Road - December 16
- Houston Rockets - Road - December 17
- Oklahoma City Thunder - Road - December 19
- Oklahoma City Thunder - Road - December 21 - projected record-breaking game
- Denver Nuggets - Road - December 23
- Charlotte Hornets - Home - December 26
- Golden State Warriors - Road - December 30
- Detroit Pistons - Home - January 2
- Minnesota Timberwolves - Road - January 4
- Indiana Pacers - Road - January 6
- Toronto Raptors - Road - January 8
- Orlando Magic - Home - January 10