Everyone is stuck at home and (presumably) missing their weekly pub trivia tournaments. Let’s do a virtual Blazer’s Edge edition!
The 15 questions are admittedly very difficult. Post your answers in the comments and I’ll reply with a correct percentage, but not indicate which ones are incorrect. Eventually we’ll have a complete set of correct replies. First person to get all 15 wins Comment of the Day.
- Jim Paxson became the first Trail Blazer to score 10,000 points on Feb. 21, 1988. Who was the franchise’s second leading scorer at that time?
- Who was the first player to score 50 points in an NBA game at Portland’s Memorial Coliseum?
- Who was the last player cut from the eventual championship team in 1976?
- The Blazers have lost six players in expansion drafts. Name three of them (bonus point if you can name the only former all-star from that bunch).
- What team made the call in the famous Bill Walton coin flip of 1974? Did they choose heads or tails?
- Vince Carter played more games with this former Trail Blazer than any other teammate. Can you name that Blazer alum/Carter teammate?
- What local TV channel was the team’s original broadcast partner?
- The Trail Blazers incorporated the iconic pinwheel sash onto their uniforms in 1977. What year was the next significant uniform overhaul (i.e. switching to upper case letters on the front)?
- The Blazers lost five games to buzzer beaters in their first seven season. Finally, in 1978, what player hit the first buzzer beating game winner in team history?
- In what year was Portland originally slated to host the NBA All-star game before the league changed their protocol for selecting host cities?
- Since 1995, three players have appeared in more than 82 games in a season in which they were members of the Portland rosters. Name one of them.
- Who beat the Blazers in the first regular season game ever played at the Rose Garden?
- Several players have had more than one stint in Portland. Name two of them.
- Ten is one of the most frequently retired uniform numbers in the NBA. Name the two former Blazers coaches who have had that number retired for their playing career.
- On the franchise’s single season 3-point field goal leaderboard, Damian Lillard and CJ McCollum combine for nine of the top 10 entries. Who’s the other player?