The coronavirus pandemic continues to disrupt the sports world. The NBA announced Wednesday night that the league would suspend play after a player, Rudy Gobert, tested positive for COVID-19. Thursday morning brought more news surrounding suspension of play:
- Donovan Mitchell, Gobert’s teammate, has tested posted for the coronavirus, according to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski. The Jazz announced Thursday morning that all members of the team have been tested.
- Each of the major NCAA conferences have cancelled their postseason tournaments. This includes the ACC, Big East, SEC, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-12, American, MAC, Atlantic-10, Colonial, Conference USA and WAC.
- MLS has suspended its 2020 season for 30 days.
- MLB spring training is expected to be suspended and the start of the season delayed, according to Jeff Passan of ESPN.
- The NHL is suspending play immediately with three and a half weeks left in the season.
- The NBA’s board of governors conference call will take place Thursday at 3:30 p.m. ET.