The Portland Trail Blazers’ schedule for the upcoming 2019-20 season was released on Monday. Portland will open the season hosting the Denver Nuggets on ESPN on Oct. 23. The Blazers will close the season hosting the Los Angeles Clippers on April 15. Here are some quick highlights from the schedule:
- Evan Turner will return to Portland on Nov. 10 when the Hawks come to town
- Portland hosts Al-Farouq Aminu and the Orlando Magic on Dec. 20, then Jake Layman and the Minnesota Timeberwolves on Dec. 21
- Hassan Whiteside will make his return to Miami on Jan. 5
- The Blazers host the Warriors as a marquee matchup on MLK Jr. Day (Jan. 20)
- Seth Curry makes his first of two trips to Portland on Jan. 23
- Meyers Leonard will return to Portland on Feb. 9 when the Heat come to town
- Enes Kanter will be in town on Feb. 25 when the Celtics visit Portland
- Kent Bazemore will make his return to Atlanta on Feb. 29
- Portland plays 20 national TV games between ESPN, TNT and ABC
You can view the entire regular-season schedule here.
Portland’s preseason slate starts on Oct. 8 against the Nuggets, which will be held at Veterans Memorial Coliseum and be broadcast on NBC Sports Northwest. You can view the five-game preseason schedule here.
Stay tuned to Blazer’s Edge for analysis of the schedule.