Alex Haigh joins Tara and Cassidy to talk about the Trail Blazers and what it was like to be a Blazers Outsider this season. After sharing which NBA players they would want to be stuck in an elevator with, they discussed what NBA awards they would give out. These are not your regular NBA awards. Tune in to find out who will be awarded most vicious fan chant, best performance in a basketball drama, most average player in the NBA, and which team besides the Blazers will be the best team to root for next season.
0:45 Icebreaker, which three NBA players would you want to be stuck in an elevator with?
2:09 Denver elevator adventure
5:50 What was it like being an Outsider?
13:00 Rip Twitty and bringing Twitter friendships to life. Creating communities beyond our computer screens and phones
14:00 First annual Women’s Hoops And Talks NBA Awards.
Most viscous fan chants:
- Pacers Fans for “Bron’s gonna trade you” directed at Brandon Ingram
- Dallas Mavericks Fans for “Jimmy Butler” directed at KAT
- Pacers fans for “Tank for Zion” at the Cavaliers
- Knicks fans for “We Want Kyrie” while playing Boston
17:30 Why won’t Blazers fans wear free t-shirts?
19:50 Best Performance in a Basketball Drama
- Jimmy Butler for “You F*** need me”
- Chandler Parsons for “Let me Play!”
- Carmelo Anthony for “The Invisible Man”
- CJ McCollum for “I’m Trying, Jennifer”
23:00 Most Average Player in the NBA (with full explanation of nominees)
- DeMarre Carroll (BKN)
- Gordon Hayward (BOS)
- Rodions Kurucs (BKN)
- Trey Lyles (DEN)
28:00 Best team after the Trail Blazers to root for next season
- Brooklyn Nets (Blazers East)
- Sacramento Kings (because they have purple jerseys)
- Los Angeles Clippers (because they are not the Lakers)
- Washington Wizards (Bizarro World Blazers)
Join the Women’s Hoops And Talks Facebook group to talk about Trail Blazers with others who identify as women who love basketball.
Music used in the episode: “Happy Alley” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License