Trying to break a three-game losing streak, Damian Lillard took over, breaking the Blazers’ scoring record with an irrelevant three-pointer at the buzzer to finish with 60 points. But the Nets made enough big plays late to grab a win. Now 3-6 for the season, 0-3 at home, and possibly missing more players, Portland will head back to the drawing board.
- What a night from Damian. Lillard dominated all night, trying to finally get the Blazers their first home win of the season.
- Let’s not talk about anyone else. The rest of the Blazers struggled all night with a few nice moments for the young guys.
- Rough night for Skal. Labissière picked up a foul per minute for his first four minutes. He settled afterward, but soon landed hard, turning his ankle and leaving for the locker room. We’ll probably hear more later.
- Rodney left early, too. Hood suffered from back spasms and headed to the locker room in the first half, never to return.
- Nas had his first big NBA moment. Nassir Little checked into the game and brought fresh energy... and a monster dunk.
The Blazers finally get a few nights in their own beds, and play Atlanta Sunday night.