The Blazers and Hawks played an entertaining matinee at the Thomas and Mack Center in Las Vegas today, as Portland improved to 2-0 in Summer League with an 85-68 victory. However, both teams dealt with the injury bug: For the Hawks, Trae Young left early with a quad contusion, and John Collins hit his head on the court, but stayed in the game. For the Blazers, sophomore Zach Collins suffered a leg injury in the second half, and his leg buckled. He was taken to the locker room and did not return.
Here are stats from key Blazers in the game.
- Jake Layman: 23 points, 4 reb, 2 stl, 2 blks, 9-14 FG
- John Jenkins: 12 points, 3 ast, 1 blk, 4-5 FG
- Anfernee Simons: 12 points, 4-9 FG (2-3 from three)
- Zach Collins: 8 points, 7 reb, 5 blks, left early.
- Wade Baldwin: 7 points, 8 reb, 10 ast
- Gary Trent, Jr: 8 points, 4 reb, 2 ast, 3-12 FG
- Caleb Swanigan: 5 points, 7 reb, 5 ast
Portland has a day off, and will play San Antonio Tuesday at 1:00 pm.
Blazer’s Edge will have more from today’s game soon, including an update on Zach Collins and an onsite report from Steve Dewald and Brian Freeman.