On this week’s episode of the Blazer’s Edge podcast the Grand Poobah and Managing Editor of Blazer’s Edge, Dave Deckard, makes his return to the podcast to join Tara Bowen-Biggs and Danny Marang to discuss the first 24 hours of NBA free agency, the loss of Ed Davis, why it happened, what options are and were on the table, where the Blazers go from here, who is remaining among the free agents that Portland could still try to pick up, what could happen with Jusuf Nurkic’s free agency, the lasting impact this could have on Damian Lillard, a pile of listener questions and more!
- Opening Comments
- LeBron James to the Los Angeles Lakers
- Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope follow LeBron
- Ed Davis leaves the Blazers, joins the Brooklyn Nets
- Why did it happen?
- What’s the fallout to Davis’ departure?
- What are you favorite moments and what will you miss most about Davis?
- The Blazers fall short on Mario Hezonja
- Blazers sign Nik Stauskas
- Listener Questions!
How would you define a successful off season?— Blazerfan72 (@Hecubus01) July 2, 2018
- How do the Blazers get better?
Serious question (and I know @dmarang has been on board for a while), with the 'Superteams' being created, would Portland be better served 'blowing it up' by trading Dame and CJ for young pieces and picks? We can't compete now, why not set up to compete later?— Danny Prins (@Daniel_Prins) July 2, 2018
- Nuclear options on the table?
Do you think there’s even a liiiittle chance that the Cavs might accept a hypothetical bad contract(s) + first round pick(s) for Kevin Love trade?— Eddie Mack (@eddieamack) July 2, 2018
How does the relationship between GMs/agents effect free agency and trades?
Is terek evans a possibility?— creedence (@creedence26) July 2, 2018
Are any of the major needle movers that “could” be available realistic? LMA, Love, or to a lesser degree Whiteside? And could they be had without losing Dame or CJ?— JD (@jdwinters81) July 2, 2018
- Of those guys, who would you want to see added to the Blazers?
- Does adding any of these guys to the roster guarantee that the Blazers make the playoffs next year as things sit now?
- What happens with Jusuf Nurkic?
- If Nurkic takes the QO, what could that mean going forward?
- What are the potential pitfalls of not keeping Nurkic happy?
- What are the ramifications to the actions or inactions of the Blazers as they pertain to Damian Lillard?
- Lillard’s social media posts over the last 48 hours
- What other franchises or situations have existed in the past that you can point to similar circumstances and what happened there?
- How do you make Damian Lillard happy at this point?
- Blazer5 Gaming update- their first loss!
- Closing Comments