On this week’s episode of the Blazer’s Edge podcast, Tara Bowen-Biggs and Steve DeWald join Danny Marang from Las Vegas Summer League to discuss Jusuf Nurkic’s new deal and the Blazer’s free agency period so far, the Summer League Blazers looking great so far, Wade Baldwin wants a deal now please, Zach Collins struggles offensively but growth defensively, listener questions, favorite thing about summer league, life in the college dorms and more!
- Steve DeWald and Tara Bowen-Biggs live from Las Vegas
- Opening Comments
- Jusuf Nurkic signs a 4 year/$48 million deal
- Seth Curry signs on for a year
- Restricted free agency offers are few and far between
- The effect of 2016 on the entire NBA market
- The Spurs continue to make Spursian choices
- Summer League basketball is here
- First reactions to the Top 10 picks
- Trae Young and his rough start
- Mo Bamba is really big (also good)
- Things that happen at Summer League that don’t come through on TV
- NBA SkyCam- thoughts?
- Listener questions!
What is the likelihood layman or biggie make the rotation this year and what sort of role will they have?— Xander Hamilton-Reeves (@xander_hr) July 9, 2018
- Summer League Jake Layman!
- There are minutes to be had in the frontcourt- who’s going to get them?
By trade deadline, will our starting 3 be somebody on our current roster?— Chris (@chris_nordby) July 9, 2018
With the nurk signing, do you think it makes it more likely we use the TPE? If so, what target?
Thoughts on Jabari Parker with no contract movement and sharing the same agent a about 3 guys on the roster
- Probability of the Blazers making a move between now and the trade deadline to change things up at the SF position
Collins: looks good on defense. Has range and good in transition. Struggles in half court set. Swanigan: just don't think his game will ever translate. Layman: great to see his confidence grow. Can he bring it in October?— Patrick Bernhardt (@PDXBigtum) July 9, 2018
- Thoughts on Zach Collins so far through his second summer league
- Tempering expectations for his offensive growth
- What do you think the offensive future for Collins should be- in the paint or on the perimeter?
Where would you rate Chief on the ‘jack-of-all-trades’ spectrum? He’s about as close as we have, Moe is ineligible until he can play 3 good games in a row— Xander Hamilton-Reeves (@xander_hr) July 9, 2018
- The value of Al-Farouq Aminu
- The last jack of all trades Blazers, Nic Batum, Wes Matthews, Stacey Augmon
- Who could replace an Aminu sized hole on this roster?
- Preparing to fill Aminu’s role if he leaves
- Can Wade Baldwin follow the Aminu career arc?
- Things we’ve enjoyed from Summer League so far
- Anfernee Simons’ jumper is **kisses fingers**
- Everything Mo Bamba
- Summer League Jake Layman and Byron Mullens
- Closing Comments