And, another loss. The Blazers struggled to hit shots all night, and the Nuggets hit just enough to nip Portland, 88-82. Damian Lillard, Jusuf Nurkic, and CJ McCollum led the Blazers
Here are some essentials from tonight’s game.
- Nurkic Hearts Denver. As always, Jusuf brought his A-Game against his former squad, having a double-double in the first half, and being a go-to player on offense.
- Nada From Downtown. The Blazers continue to be ice-cold from three, making less than 25% of their attempts. With the three-pointer an essential part of Portland’s offense, the Blazers have struggled mightily without it. Hopefully it reappears by the playoffs.
- This game may not matter. With OKC winning tonight, they have just one game left, against the “we’re resting everyone” Memphis Grizzlies. If OKC wins that game, Portland can finish no worse than fourth, gaining home court advantage even if they lose to Utah Wednesday. What about the third seed? Well...
Still two scenarios where the Blazers finish with the third seed, despite loss to Nuggets:— Eric Griffith (@EricG_NBA) April 10, 2018
1) Blazers beat Jazz on Wednesday.
2) Jazz lose to Warriors tomorrow, Blazers lose to Jazz AND OKC beats the Grizzlies on Wednesday.
The regular season finale! The Jazz visit Portland Wednesday night, and we’re not yet sure what will be on the line.