This Game is happening! The Trail Blazers and Detroit Pistons tip off their rescheduled game in snowy, icy Portland at 6:00pm tonight. No major injuries to report, and both teams have had plenty of rest. Let’s get it on!
But first, a musical interlude. If you’re going to embed rock music over a season, you may as well go back to the start once. Well, at least the point that gets credited as the start (that’s a story for another day).
Detroit-born Bill Haley is considered the “Father of Rock & Roll”, thanks to one hit single in 1955. The song’s popularity took off in the movie The Blackboard Jungle. In fact, it was so popular that kids would literally go to the theater and sit through the whole movie, just so they could hear the song! It’s like the origin of the concept of MTV. Imagine you wanted to play a song on YouTube, but needed to pay a nickel, wait until a certain time, then have 90 minutes of movie you didn’t care about. Just for two minutes and twenty seconds of seeing the entire music industry get turned upside down.
How To Watch Detroit Pistons vs. Portland Trail Blazers:
Time: 6:00 pm, PST
TV: CSN NW
Online Streaming: PlayStation Vue streams CSN NW
Radio: Rip City Radio, 620 am
There are a few extra rules we emphasize for Gameday Threads. We appreciate your support!
1. No videos or pictures please, including embedded stuff from Twitter.
2. No discussion of streams that aren't sanctioned by the NBA, or how to work around broadcast/streaming rules.
3. No swearing please. Yep, even when the game sucks or the refs mess up.
4. Be excellent to each other! For visitors from our SBN companions, please have a mutual respect and remember this is a Blazers community.
5. Please consider a donation for Blazer’s Edge Kids Night! For some perspective on how it helps Portland area at-risk children, check out Dave’s missives here and here.