Blazer's Edge news editor David MacKay joins the weekend edition of the podcast to discuss advancements in player fitness and recovery, talk about cutting down the length of the NBA regular season and debate who would be a better unrestricted free agent acquisition for the Trail Blazers this summer: Al Horford or Hassan Whiteside.
Click on the time below to be linked to that portion of the podcast on YouTube!
- 0:00 - Intro
- 0:51 - Welcome to David MacKay, fashion icon
- 2:22 - Blazers any more focused/locked in during practice for playoffs?
- 4:51 - Blazers not interested in resting players
- 8:01 - Spurs' famous resting routines: It's because they're old
- 9:18 - NBA should reduce number of games played to reduce fatigue?
- 11:16 - New training techniques: Outweigh increased fatigue of bigger, faster NBA players?
- 13:03 - Ways to reduce fatigue without cutting games?
- 16:08 - Would shorter season negatively affect historical stats, records, etc.?
- 19:32 - Pretty much impossible to compare across eras
- 22:07 - THE BIG DEBATE: Al Horford or Hassan Whiteside?
- 25:20 - Context for Horford v. Whiteside argument: Dependent on free agency
- 28:33 - Listener question: Does Blazers season success increase their free agency chances?
- 31:43 - Free agency: Maybe Lillard is changing Portland's culture
- 35:03 - Listener question: Will the Blazers be able to re-signing Moe Harkless?
- 36:30 - Will Meyers Leonard's surgery affect his free agency value?
- 39:13 - Breaking down the Blazers' cap space this summer, making tough choices
- 41:13 - David excited about Vonleh, Ed Davis
- 42:26 - Chris' case FOR Hassan Whiteside
- 47:15 - Brandon's case AGAINST Hassan Whiteside
- 49:06 - David gives context to Whiteside's pros and cons
- 55:46 - Are the Blazers good enough to commit to a 30-year-old max free agent?
- 58:10 - Blazers aren't an "Al Horford away from contending" but that's not the point
- 59:37 - Is "the other side of 30" a bright line?
- 62:59 - Both Horford and Whiteside would be amazing pickups for the Blazers
- 65:54 - Outtro: How to make perfect ice cubes
Subscribe to us now on YouTube to hear the podcast and receive channel updates immediately!
Or click below to listen on YouTube or Stitcher:
As always, our intro and outro music comes courtesy of local beatmaker and audio engineer Odar. See more of his work at soundcloud.com/odarbeats.
The direct .mp3 link of the podcast is here.
We're also on Max Sports Channels in the evenings.
-- Chris Lucia | email@example.com | @ChrisLuciaPDX