Blazer's Edge staff writer Eric Griffith joins the weekend edition of the podcast to discuss Portland's squeaker over the Pelicans on Friday, CJ McCollum's vast improvement, issues with team defense, adjusting expectations for Meyers Leonard, potential playoff strategies, and more!
[NEW] We now have time links! Click on the time below to go directly to that part of the conversation!... but unfortunately, the time links won't work on mobile, it seems. It'll just take you to the start of the video.
- 0:00 - Intros
- 1:28 - Blazers/Pelicans: How did the Pelicans pull even after being down 20?
- 5:47 - Ryan Anderson: Flamethrower is a WAY better nickname than Cool Breeze
- 7:58 - Kendrick Perkins' cheap shot on Damian Lillard
- 9:40 - Perkins' foul: did it affect Lillard for a little bit after?
- 11:25 - Lillard scored 30+ while battling a cold, and Henderson's spark
- 14:06 - Is Gerald Henderson's the Blazers' third guard going forward?
- 17:57 - Could Brian Roberts be the Blazers' third guard?
- 21:12 - Guard targets in free agency: Conley? Rondo? Clarkson? Lin? Anyone?!
- 23:45 - Andre Miller: Couldn't be a better fit with the Spurs
- 24:40 - CJ McCollum's performance against the Spurs: Perfect evidence of maturation
- 28:39 - CJ McCollum: No longer needs Damian Lillard on the court to succeed?
- 33:07 - McCollum: Seems to have been drawing more fouls lately
- 36:54 - Lillard also drawing more fouls: are Blazers emphasizing this as a team?
- 38:03 - CJ McCollum: Has gotten bigger. But how big is too big for an NBA player?
- 40:12 - Pre-game meals: How do they eat so much before a game?
- 41:26 - Meyers Leonard: Adjust expectations and accept as a bench player?
- 47:32 - Maybe Meyers should be doing LESS, but with more confidence
- 49:55 - Has the Blazers' defense been slipping lately?
- 52:15 - Off-ball defense: experience, peripheral vision, decision-making, etc.
- 56:19 - Jerry Stackhouse forever
- 57:30 - Playoff standings update: West is bunched up from 5th to 9th seed
- 1:01:25 - Blazers don't have a chance to upset the Thunder?
- 1:03:11 - Are the Blazers and Stotts more adaptable now than they used to be?
- 1:07:03 - Outtro: Keep your laundry fresh
Subscribe to us now on YouTube to hear the podcast and receive channel updates immediately!
Or click below to listen on YouTube or Stitcher:
This week's intro and outro music comes courtesy of local beatmaker and audio engineer Odar. See more of his work at soundcloud.com/odarbeats.
The direct .mp3 link of the podcast is here.
We're also on Max Sports Channels in the evenings.
-- Chris Lucia | firstname.lastname@example.org | @ChrisLuciaPDX