Blazer's Edge staff writer Eric Griffith and social media editor Brandon Goldner join the weekend edition of the podcast to discuss the cap implications of the trade deadline, Damian Lillard's influence on player movement, the importance of camaraderie to the Blazers, how to interpret the upcoming tough schedule and more!
Hit play here to listen:
- 0:00 - Blazers Beat Warriors (recorded after podcast conversation)
- 2:00 - Intros, and Brandon Goldner Calls Double-Digit Blazers Win over Warriors w/ Absolutely No Sarcasm
- 2:48 - Trade Deadline Talk: Eric Griffith Breaks Down Blazers Moves
- 6:46 - Blazers Stretching Salary of Anderson Varejao, Brian Roberts Acquisition
- 8:20 - Doing the Math: Blazers Got 1st & 2nd Round Picks Almost For Free
- 9:05 - Waiving Tim Frazier: Why Not Montero/Alexander? Could They Pick Frazier Back Up?
- 14:13 - Blazers Trade Deadline: Did They Do Well?
- 17:08 - Salary Cap Rising: Reason For Not As Many Cost-Cutting Trades?
- 18:00 - Damian Lillard Tweeting to Keep Team Together: Smart Idea? Bad Idea? Intentional?
- 28:20 - Any Trades We Would Have Wanted to See Happen, But Didn't?
- 30:12 - Valuing Rotation Players: $8m per Year a Good Deal Nowadays
- 31:34 - What's The Blazers' Goal Moving Forward? Coach Stotts, Continuity, & Togetherness
- 35:38 - Could There Be a Problem OVER-Valuing Team Chemistry?
- 38:51 - Meyers Leonard: Fits the "Togetherness" of the Team the Least?
- 40:06 - Does "Togetherness" Ring Hollow if Blazers Lineup Changes Dramatically?
- 41:48 - Blazers' Tough Schedule Down the Stretch: How Much Does it Matter?
- 44:48 - Schedule Swings Heavily From Top-Heavy to Bottom-Feeding Opponents
- 49:10 - Do the Blazers Make the Playoffs? West is Sagging, Blazers Benefitting
- 52:58 - Warriors Haven't Lost Consecutive Games Yet: No NBA Team Has Ever Done That
This week's intro and outro music comes courtesy of local beatmaker and audio engineer Odar. See more of his work at soundcloud.com/odarbeats.
The direct .mp3 link of the podcast is here.
We're also on Max Sports Channels in the evenings.
We invite you to help send 2000 underprivileged kids to see the Blazers play the Sacramento Kings on March 28th. Your ticket donations make this possible. You can donate through this link:
Promo Code: BLAZERSEDGE
Ticket Costs range from $7-13 (There is a $5 processing fee per order.)
You can also call our ticket rep, Lisa Swan, directly at 503-963-3966. You will need to indicate to her that you are donating the tickets you order to Blazer's Edge Night.
-- Chris Lucia | firstname.lastname@example.org | @ChrisLuciaPDX