At The Blazer’s Edge Weekend Podcast we’re super, super stoked to bring on CSN’s Dwight Jaynes for this week’s episode.
Among many other Trail Blazers historical tidbits, Dwight talked about:
- How he started covering the team over 30 years ago
- Eating chili dogs with Caldwell Jones at the airport
- The differences between covering the NBA pre-internet/social media and now
- Objectivity (or lack thereof) in professional sports journalism
- Dust-ups with Bob Whitsitt, Maurice Cheeks and Nate MacMillan
- Co-authoring a book with Rick Adelman
- The Blazers’ reputation as “player-friendly”
- Portland’s vaunted team chemistry and Damian Lillard’s leadership
- The team’s chances at 50 wins this season
Click below to listen:
Local Portland-area beatmaker and producer Odar provided the intro music for this weekend's edition of the Blazer's Edge Podcast. See more of his work at soundcloud.com/odarbeats. The outro was provided by NEUSSHI.
The direct .mp3 link of the podcast is here.