The Portland Trail Blazers’ preseason continues tonight with a game in Salt Lake City against the Utah Jazz. It should be a good chance to see how the players are progressing, and— oh wait. You wanted to actually see tonight’s game live on TV?
There is no known television coverage tonight. None in Portland, none in Utah. And it starts at 6:00 pm, the exact time of the third and final US Presidential Debate. So, yeah, this game won’t get a lot of attention. But that won’t stop us from chatting about it, right?
Late breaking updates:
Terry Stotts says Meyers Leonard (back) will not be available for tonight's preseason game in Utah— Jason Quick (@jwquick) October 19, 2016
According to the sheet the Jazz just distributed, the Blazers will start Lillard, McCollum, Harkless, Aminu and Plumlee tonight— Casey Holdahl (@CHold) October 20, 2016
Also, Alec Burks, Derrick Favors and Gordon Hayward are all OUT for the Jazz— Casey Holdahl (@CHold) October 20, 2016
There are two additional rules for tonight’s Gameday Thread!
- Rule number two below is rescinded for tonight only.
- No discussion of the presidential debate! There are plenty of places to discuss that, but few places to chat about the Blazers. This chat will be debate free! And we’ll moderate accordingly.
How To Watch (ha-HA!) Blazers vs. Jazz:
Location: Vivint Smart Home Arena, Salt Lake City, UT
Time: 6:00 pm, PDT
TV: LOL. No, that’s not a network.
Online Streaming: See bonus rule #1 above.
Radio: Rip City Radio, 620 am
There are a few extra rules we emphasize for Gameday Threads. We appreciate your support!
1. No videos or pictures please, including embedded stuff from Twitter.
2. No discussion of streams that aren't sanctioned by the NBA, or how to work around broadcast/streaming rules.
3. No swearing please. Yep, even when the game sucks or the refs mess up.
4. Be excellent to each other! For visitors from our SBN companions, please have a mutual respect and remember this is a Blazers community.
Have fun! -- Tim