Al-Farouq Aminu locked up the Portland Trail Blazers 109-91 victory over the Charlotte Hornets with an and-1 dunk over Tyler Hansbrough late in the fourth quarter.
Hansbrough had harassed the Blazers all night with physical play in the paint. Most notable was a crazy series of back to back hard blocks against Damian Lillard, followed by a three pointer from Allen Crabbe:
His tactics helped Charlotte cut a 20 point deficit to single digits in the waning minutes of the fourth. Aminu's dunk stretched the Blazers lead back to double figures and sent a message that Hansbrough's intimidation and phsyicality would not swing the result tonight.
Aminu finished with 17 points and 12 rebounds. Lillard led the Blazers with 22 points.
More From Blazer's Edge
- Legendary Blazers Coach Rick Adelman Wins Lifetime Achievement Award
- NBA Finals Game 2: Heat vs. Nuggets Time, TV, Discussion
- Scoot Henderson: “You Always Want a Guy Like Me”
- Jody Allen Continues to Reject Phil Knight’s Attempts to Buy Blazers
- Terry Stotts Returns to Milwaukee Bucks As Assistant Coach
- Potential Targets for the Trail Blazers Mid-Level Exception