The League has released the new salary cap for next season. Below are the relevant numbers.
- New Salary Cap: $70 million
- Minimum Salary Floor: $63 million
- Luxury Tax Line: $84.7 million
- MLE: $5.46 million
- Mini-MLE: $3.38 million
- Room Exception: $2.81 million
For those curious what the new max salaries are for next season are as follows:
- 0 to 6 years of service: $16,407,500
- 7 to 9 years of service: $19, 689,000
- 10+ years of service: $22,970,500
For those even more curious, Aldridge's new 4 year max contract comes to $84.1 million. One thing to note about Lillard's new max extension, it doesn't take effect until next year and will be based off next year's salary cap which has been previously reported to balloon up to $89 million or even more.
So I am sure everyone wants to know how much exactly does Portland have in way of cap space. See the table below (all projected salaries are from Basketball-Reference). As you can see, Portland is pretty flush with money and will be able to use it in a variety of ways.