Gather round for a group hug, Blazer fans. Change is hard. Losing players hurts. Not understanding or even seeing the plan for the future is frustrating.
But we're all in this together and I refuse to let us linger in this sadness. By all means, take the time you need to process your feelings, then take solace in these 10 silver linings of the past 3 days.
- Meyers Leonard will save a bundle on the catering headcount for his wedding this summer.
- LaMarcus Aldridge and Wesley Matthews get the national recognition they desired.
- No more confusion between LaMarcus Aldridge/David Aldridge.
- Blazers don't have to worry about getting sued by the league for assault on mascots.
- New player Al-Farouq Aminu is a descendant of Nigerian kings, but not Sacramento Kings.
- At least two of our new players shoot below 50% from the free throw line, which means return of classic Rip City slogan "You've got. To make. Your free throws."
- More Angry Neil press conferences.
- We still have No Shave November to look forward to.
- Tears of Blazer fans will save Oregonians from impending drought. There may be enough to save California too.
- Saving money on free agents means Blazers can buy a new blimp!
- (Bonus) We could be Seattle and have no team at all.
Take care of yourselves #RipCity,
xoxo Team Mom