Blazer's Edge social media editor Brandon Goldner joins the weekend edition of the podcast to look at how Damian Lillard's supporting cast can help the Trail Blazers win close games, how solid defense is underrated in the NBA, potential starting lineup changes and more!
Here's a rundown of what we talked about:
- 0:38 - Intro / No Kobe talk disclaimer
- 2:50 - Blazers failing to close 4th quarters: Why?
- 8:30 - How much of that is Dame's fault?
- 10:10 - Blazers have the 2nd-lowest payroll in the NBA
- 11:10 - Inconsistency: the mark of a young team?
- 15:40 - Blazers win against the Pacers
- 20:15 - Blazers' young players gaining confidence b/c of Stotts' system
- 22:55 - Wesley Matthews' return and reception
- 24:32 - Dame's long three pointer at the end of Mavs game: right choice?
- 31:02 - Why didn't they draw up something different?
- 34:11 - Anecdote about how Terry Stotts is a cool guy in real life
- 36:22 - Talking Dame's improved defense
- 39:05 - Defense: Not just about effort
- 50:42 - Measuring and respecting good, not just great, defense
- 53:03 - Starting lineup: what changes would you make?
This week's intro and outro music comes courtesy of local beatmaker and audio engineer Odar. See more of his work at soundcloud.com/odarbeats.
The direct .mp3 link of the podcast is here.
We're also on Max Sports Channels in the evenings.
Or just press play right here:
-- Chris Lucia | firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter
We invite you to help send 2000 underprivileged kids to see the Blazers play the Sacramento Kings on March 28th. Your ticket donations make this possible. You can donate through this link:
Promo Code: BLAZERSEDGE
Ticket Costs range from $7-13 (There is a $5 processing fee per order.)
You can also call our ticket rep, Lisa Swan, directly at 503-963-3966. You will need to indicate to her that you are donating the tickets you order to Blazer's Edge Night.