Jo and Tara are back with a recap of the Blazers' holiday drubbing of LeBron James and his Cleveland Cavaliers.
They talk about what went right and suggest a couple of key areas for the Trail Blazer's to focus on in the new year--reducing and committing smarter fouls. They also debate whether or not thinking is good for Meyers Leonard, and if Mason Plumlee can become more dominant in the paint.
Or just hit play here:
During the Podcast Jo takes a quiz about fouls and fouling in the league. Do you know the answers (without Google)?
- Which player committed the second most fouls in his career?
- Who was the fastest person to foul out of a game?
- What rules have been enacted (and retracted) by the NBA in an effort to improve competition at the end of the game?
- What stats have been tracked since the first year of the NBA?
Tara referred to a few resources she recommends, so after you listen you might want to check out:
- NBA Video Rule Book Video clips of every type of infraction and examples of legal plays to better understand the NBA rules.
- NBAMiner NBA Statistics presented in easy-to-understand ways including (for this edition of the podcast) player foul details, team foul details, and team turnover details.
- Sports History Today Daily tales of exceptional performances and outstanding (for better or worse) behavior throughout all the major sports. Find the story and video of Bubba Wells fouling Dennis Rodman over and over and over again.
We invite you to help send 2000 underprivileged kids to see the Blazers play the Sacramento Kings on March 28th. Your ticket donations make this possible. You can donate through this link:
Promo Code: BLAZERSEDGE
Ticket Costs range from $7-13 (There is a $5 processing fee per order.)
You can also call our ticket rep, Lisa Swan, directly at 503-963-3966. You will need to indicate to her that you are donating the tickets you order to Blazer's Edge Night.