The Portland Trail Blazers are set to host the Rip City 3-on-3 streetball tournament later this summer.
This year, the event will be produced by the same company that has put on the Spokane HoopFest, the world's largest 3-on-3 tournament. Net proceeds will go to Special Olympics Oregon.
Here are some additional details if you and your friends are interested in signing up.
- RIP CITY 3-on-3
- When: August 23-24
- Where: Rose Quarter
- Register: Here
- Rules: Here
- More Info: Here
- Use This Promo Code: RC14$100
- Blaze the Mascot, BlazerDancers and other special appearances
- Music, food, prizes, contests & more!
- Official referees on every court
- Kids clinics
- *Each 3-on-3 participant will receive a game ticket to a Trail Blazers preseason game*
- Winners from each division will get the opportunity to play at halftime on the Moda Center court during a Trail Blazers pre-season game.
- Elite - (Three categories: Women, Men's 6 Foot and Under , Men's Over 6 Foot); team entry fee $175
- Adult - (oldest player's age is 18 or older and out of high school); team entry fee $150
- High School - (oldest player's next grade will be 9-12); team entry fee $150
- Youth - (oldest player's next grade will be 3-8 and requires a designated coach); team entry fee $125
Event Highlights Include:
- 3-on-3 outdoor tournament (all ages & skill levels)
- Slam dunk contest
- 3-point shoot out
- 50+ outdoor courtszBlazers president Chris McGowan has been excited about this event for quite some time, as he mentioned it back during an interview that I conducted with him in April.
-- Ben Golliver | firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter