The Portland Trail Blazers unveiled the LaMarcus Aldridge Dairy Queen style collectible glass on Wednesday.
Take a look at the glass below, which has a picture of Aldridge and images that acknowledge his "L Train" nickname, his jersey number, his All-Star status, his birthday, his home state of Texas and the year he was drafted (2006).
Click on the image below to enlarge.
Here are a few notes from the release.
* Collectible series of five drinking glasses patterned after designs from early 90s
* Team will wear "Rip City" uniforms each night
* Every ticketed fan in attendance on Rip City Nights will receive a glass during egress
* Season Ticket Holders are guaranteed a complete set
The Blazers announced back in November that the popular Dairy Queen style caricature glasses would return after 20 years. The glasses will be given away at games later this season.
Here's the schedule...
- LaMarcus Aldridge: 2/19 vs. San Antonio
- Robin Lopez: 2/26 vs. Brooklyn
- Damian Lillard: 3/5 vs. Atlanta
- Wesley Matthews: 3/30 vs. Memphis
- Nicolas Batum: 4/13 vs. Golden State
Let's take a look at the 1992-93 set for old time's sake via MaralynsCollectables on Etsy.com. Click to enlarge.
Bottom photo via Maralyn's Collectables on Etsy.
Be sure to follow the new, official @Blazersedge Twitter account right here.
-- Ben Golliver | firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter