Here are the Blazers' picks:
Round One, #10: CJ McCollum, LeHigh.
Round Two: #31, Allen Crabbe (Acquired from Cleveland for future second round picks, per Jeff Goodman)
Round Two, #39: Jeff Withey, Center, Kansas
Round Two, #40: Grant Jerrett, PF, Arizona.
Round Two, #45: Marko Todorovic
Live blog of tonight's draft:
4:30pm: The night starts with the crowd booing so loud, David Stern had to stop talking. Then he immediately talks about the Miami Heat. The man knows how to excite a New York crowd.
1. Cleveland Cavaliers: Anthony Bennett | Whoa, a shocker! The entire crowd gasped when the pick was announced!
2. Orlando Magic: Victor Oladipo | Way less shocking here, everyone wanted this guy.
4:50pm: David Stern pulls a pro-wrestling move, listening to the boos, then smiling and saying "I can't hear you."
3. Washington Wizards: Otto Porter | Noel is plummeting, and it's reflecting in his expression.
4. Charlotte Bobcats: Cody Zeller | More shock from the crowd! Everyone is tearing up their virtual mock drafts!
5. Phoenix Suns: Alex Len | Wow, Noel almost definitely got red-flagged before the draft. Nobody knows what to expect next!
6. New Orleans Pelicans: Nerlens Noel | ESPN Reports: This pick and a 2014 First was traded to the 76ers for Jrue Holiday.
7. Sacramento Kings: Ben McLemore | TD's loves Tyreke, so he thinks this is [bleepin'] awesome.
8. Detroit Pistons: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope | Right after I used him as the picture for this post! Dang it.
9. Minnesota Timberwolves: Trey Burke | Wow that was the Blazers pick in a late mock draft. Who will they pick?
10. Portland Trail Blazers: C.J. McCollum, LeHigh.
The Blazers were a big fan of this guy, so he's probably a keeper. And Wesley's seat may be warm.
11. Philadelphia 76ers: Michael Carter-Williams | Uh-oh, OKC may get Adams, and make some people upset.
12. Oklahoma City: Steven Adams | There's going to be some grumbling on Blazer's Edge tomorrow.
13. Dallas Mavericks: Kelly Olynyk | ESPN Reports: Traded to Boston for second round picks!
14. Utah Jazz: Shabazz Muhammad | ESPN Reports: Traded to Utah!
6:10pm: At this point, it's the most memorable draft ever, but everyone is clearly exhausted and running out of steam.
15. Milwaukee Bucks: Giannas Antetokoumpo | Finally, the mock drafts are looking better!
16. Boston Celtics: Lucas Nogueira | ESPN Reports: Traded to Atlanta for #18!
17. Atlanta Hawks: Dennis Schroeder | After an insane top 10, everyone looks like they're in a collective coma now.
18. Atlanta Hawks: Shane Larkin | ESPN Reports: Traded to the Mavericks.
6:36pm: Seriously ESPN, Bill Simmons' draft diary is actually interesting. Keep him off tv, and on his blog.
19. Cleveland Cavaliers: Sergey Karasev
20. Chicago Bulls: Tony Snell
6:45pm Shabazz Muhummad pulls a Brandon Jennings, and shows up a half an hour after he was picked for a random handshake with David Stern.
6:50pm: "We had to explain to our international audience... that the 'boo' is an American sign of respect" -- David Stern, trolling the crowd.
21. Utah Jazz: Gorgui Dieng
22. Brooklyn Nets: Mason Plumlee | Brooklyn gets a Dukie, the home crowd cheered.
7:05pm Everyone in Brooklyn is clearly exhausted after all the surprises. "Your enthusiasm seems to be dwinding" -- David Stern, leading to more boos.
23. Indiana Pacers: Solomon Hill
24. New York Knicks: Tim Hardaway, Jr. | The New York crowd goes INSANE. This will be interesting.
7:13pm Obligatory Spike Lee interview. Way to keep it interesting, ESPN.
25. Los Angeles Clippers: Reggie Bullock
26. Minnesota Timberwolves: Andre Robertson (no relation to Oscar) | ESPN Reports: Traded to Golden State!
27. Denver Nuggets: Rudy Gobert | Wow, what a drop on draft night. Everyone expected Shabazz would take this drop. [ESPN Reports: Traded to Utah!]
28. San Antonio Spurs: Livio Jean Charles
29. Oklahoma City: Archie Goodwin | [ESPN Reports: Traded to Phoenix!]
7:50pm For his final announcement of a first round pick before his retirement, the snarky crowd gave David Stern a standing ovation. He responded by thanking the crowd to an ovation. He then introduced Adam Silver to a fresh chorus of boos. Silver was prepared, bringing out Hakeem Olajuwon to combat the crowd.
30. Phoenix Suns: Nemanja Nedovic | Say it with me: "Who?"
Late update: NBADraft.net is reporting on Twitter that Phoenix red-flagged Nerlens Noel's knee. Could this be a smokescreen? Will his stock drop tonight? We'll know soon!
Welcome to the 2013 NBA Draft! The draft starts at 4:30pm on ESPN. Hang out here and chat about every pick!
- I'll be here to live-blog rumors, trades, and any breaking news. All rumors are fair game here, not just Blazer rumors!
- Ben and Dave are standing by to post both breaking news and analysis of all the day's events. Don't forget to follow Ben on the Blazer's Edge Twitter Feed.
The usual Blazer's Edge Gameday Thread rules apply (no swearing, no pictures, no being a jerk, etc). One additional rule:
Do not spoil future draft picks. Use the Spoiler font for any picks that are not yet announced. Let everyone enjoy the draft on TV!
Here are today's ongoing stories (latest at the top):
- 3:20: - Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports reports that the Celtics and Nets ownerships are now involved in the discussion of a blockbuster trade. Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Jason Terry would head to Brooklyn, and Kris Humphries, Reggie Evans and former Blazer Crash Wallace would join Boston. There are draft picks and other stuff involved, check out the link for details. [UPDATE: Woj reports that a deal is in place, but still requires KG's approval.]
- 3pm: All kinds of trade rumors, various wheeling and dealing. But no actual deals yet. Will keep you updated.
- 1pm: Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports says on Twitterr that Sacramento likes Ben McLemore, and is trying to move up to grab him. What does that say about their plans for Tyreke?
- 12:15pm: Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports says on Twitter Anthony Bennett may drop to 10, and if so the Blazers could grab him
- Noon: Scott Howard-Cooper, NBA.com: "Indications" are that Blazers plan to keep their pick, even though they'd like to add vets. I guess the offers aren't too impressive so far.
- Noon: Latest Chad Ford Mock switched the Blazers from taking Adams to Trey Burke, to grab as an asset.
- Overnight: Jason Quick reports that LaMarcus is unhappy. Hmmm, perhaps he's just cranky after being asked the same thing repeatedly. Ok wait, now he's ok with in Portland and just wants the team to improve this offseason. Glad that's all cleared up.
- This Morning: Nate McMillan is joining the Indiana Pacers as an assistant coach. No comment.
- This Morning: ESPN says Dwight Howard doesn't want to re-sign with the Lakers. This is where Olshey can become the miracle worker.
- Today: Shabazz and Gobert are dropping in the latest mock drafts. This draft is going to be messy. The last mocks have the Blazers choosing
SamSteven Adams. I'm never going to get that one right.
- Ken Berger, CBSSports.com writes: "The Trail Blazers like Carter-Williams, McCollum and Zeller. If none is available, some teams think Steven Adams could be Portland's pick."
Let's keep the conversation in one place! If you're hearing about news and rumors, post it in the comments here! If it's a big story, we'll quickly have a front-page post about it anyway.
The usual gameday rules apply. Hang out, relax, and enjoy watching the day unfold! -- Tim