This is the penultimate matchup in the first round of our Blazer Star Smackdown, pitting 24 of Portland's better-known stars from the last 40 years against each other to determine your ultimate favorite. I'm not quite finished with the next installment from Blazers history so we're going to power through the Smackdown today, finishing the first round on Wednesday. Histories will come tomorrow and Thursday.
If you don't know the rules, they're right after the jump. Otherwise dig into this rematch of a classic Portland struggle!
In the comment section below please vote for one of these players:
Keep in mind you can use any criteria you wish to make your vote. Enjoy!
- Each day you'll get a head-to-head matchup. Vote for one as the winner. Use any criteria you wish: talent, contributions, effect, or just that you like 'em better.
- Consider only a player's Portland tenure in your decision. Nothing for other teams counts!
- We are NOT doing simple polls on these because polls can be spammed. One account, one vote in the comment section.
- Please label your vote clearly in the subject line of your comment. Feel free to explain at length and argue in the body of the comment. We encourage discussion (it's the point, in fact) but please do NOT cast your original vote seeded as a reply to someone else's comment.
- The *asterisk* above indicates this caveat: Bill Walton, Clyde Drexler, Maurice Lucas, and Terry Porter will not be a part of the Star Smackdown. By contributions or popularity they're superstars and would probably make the other voting meaningless. We're reserving a special category for them in another year.