We are now at the end of the second round of the Blazers Star Smackdown. Five players have advanced to the finals. Who will be the sixth to join them?
This exercise pits 24 of Portland's better-known stars from the last 40 years against each other to determine your ultimate favorite. If you don't know the rules, they're right after the jump. Pay particular attention to the instructions on how to vote. Also feel free to converse about these guys and the matchup apart from your actual vote.
In the comment section below please vote for one of these players:
The way things have been going, this is likely to be a runaway vote. So let's add something. LaMarcus Aldridge seems to be pretty popular in the Smackdown. If you're voting for him, why? Not just over Natt, but what makes you think he belongs in the Final Six of all time (excluding Drexler, Porter, Walton, and Lucas, which still puts him in the 5-10 slot all time as a Blazer)? What do you see in him?
- Each day you'll get a head-to-head matchup. Vote for one as the winner. Use any criteria you wish: talent, contributions, effect, or just that you like 'em better.
- Consider only a player's Portland tenure in your decision. Nothing for other teams counts!
- We are NOT doing simple polls on these because polls can be spammed. One account, one vote in the comment section.
- Please label your vote clearly in the subject line of your comment. Feel free to explain at length and argue in the body of the comment. We encourage discussion (it's the point, in fact) but please do NOT cast your original vote seeded as a reply to someone else's comment.
- The *asterisk* above indicates this caveat: Bill Walton, Clyde Drexler, Maurice Lucas, and Terry Porter will not be a part of the Star Smackdown. By contributions or popularity they're superstars and would probably make the other voting meaningless. We're reserving a special category for them in another year.