Basketball Prospectus's Kevin Pelton and I are back with a quick and dirty new episode of The Dontonio Wingcast. In this 43 minute episode taped yesterday afternoon we look ahead to the NBA playoffs and the NBA Draft...
- We handicap the playoff race and look at the impact of a rash of recent injuries to key big men in the West.
- KP2 breaks down the advantages and disadvantages of the potential match-ups for the Blazers. Would the Blazers consider resting guys or losing a game or two on purpose to set up a particular match-up?
- We bat around the argument that the Blazers bench has become a stand-out weakness and trace the Blazers' metamorphosis into a more traditional, veteran, top-heavy group.
- We analyze the NCAA tournament for breakout performances and come up empty, settling into a discussion of John Wall and Evan Turner. Where should they land and which historical comparisons are fair?
- We close the podcast making our NBA Finals picks.
-- Ben Golliver | (firstname.lastname@example.org) | Twitter
PS Yesterday's practice was pretty pedestrian, hence no full report. For some discussion of Nate McMillan's comments after practice yesterday, the defensive adjustments the team has planned for New York tonight, and more talk about the Blazers bench, listen to my pretty lengthy chat on this morning's MSP.