Welcome to the 2009 Blazersedge Mock Draft.
We're trying something new this year. We're having the GM's conduct all of their business in public in these threads. That way you will hear their reasoning and the trade talk that goes on. Few of these trades will actually go through, but it should be interesting to peruse the chatter.
You are also free to comment on trade proposals with a couple of guidelines:
1. You may talk about the merits (or lack thereof) of a trade but you may not attack the GM who proposed it any more than you would attack anyone else at Blazersedge. That means no, "This trade is ridiculous/stupid/idiotic because..." posts. Just post everything after the "because" and call it good. These are readers like you trying hard to do a good job. Be nice to them.
2. The GM's have been instructed to use the comment title "Attention [Team GM]" to signal other GM's that they're intersested in talking. Please do not mimic that title, even in jest.
Enjoy the proceedings. Here's your GM list:
- Boston Celtics (no pick) DocProc
- New Jersey Nets b-roy07
- New York Knicks As11osu
- Philadelphia 76'ers Terryisn'tbald
- Toronto Raptors Salem Stephen
- Chicago Bulls Himynameisjoey
- Cleveland Cavaliers 52theRim
- Detroit Pistons ThomasIkehara
- Indiana Pacers RaggMopp
- Milwaukee Bucks TheOdenator
- Atlanta Hawks Hoopla-pdx
- Charlotte Bobcats Charon
- Miami Heat (no pick) Limited Upside
- Orlando Magic (no pick) Mittasabishy
- Washington Wizards Derftron
- Golden State Warriors Momomoses
- Los Angeles Clippers JC Burg
- Los Angeles Lakers Timbo
- Phoenix Suns JKSnake99
- Sacramento Kings Garden of Oden
- Dallas Mavericks Norsktroll
- Houston Rockets (no pick) Supremepuntiff
- Memphis Grizzlies Bakasama
- New Orleans Hornets Arthur Schoene
- San Antonio Spurs (no pick) Myemic23
- Denver Nuggets (no pick) Royster
- Minnesota Timberwolves Baduk
- Oklahoma City Thunder GreatOden'sRaven
- Utah Jazz RoyGoestheDynamite
- Portland Trail Blazers--The Readers of Blazersedge
P.S. There were so many good submissions to become a GM that I had a hard time narrowing them down. In the end I gave pretty heavy preference to the people who submitted in the actual site thread, as they tended to be more regular readers. (Also I suspect that since I read the public thread first and most of the salient points were made there the e-mail submissions began to look old-hat.) I also chose a couple people just because they were brief, or contrary to the prevailing opinion, or otherwise quirky. If you didn't get it, that's not an insult at all. There were near 200 submissions for 29 spots. I'm not saying these were the best 29, they were just 29 of the good ones.