In the wake of last night's physical contest with Denver, a bunch of Blazers were sitting out practice with various ailments.
- Rudy Fernandez continues to suffer from back spasms. He was in the gym, dressed in workout clothes but not participating in post-practice shooting drills. No update on his timeline. It's looking more and more likely that he will sit out the rest of the pre-season.
- Joel Przybilla was also suffering from back spasms. He did not practice today. He is listed as day-to-day
- Greg Oden is suffering from what the team called a "left abductor contusion," which is an inner thigh injury. GO was not in any noticeable pain after the game last night and didn't seem to be favoring his leg. GO was receiving maintenance today and did not practice. He is listed as day-to-day. [Update: Smith says he saw Greg with a slight limp today]
- Jerryd Bayless didn't practice because of an ankle sprain. He was in the gym, wearing his capri pants again, laughing and joking with his fellow point guards.
- LaMarcus Aldridge was suffering from a minor knee injury that kept him out of last night's game. Today he practiced, wearing a pad on his right knee and a leg sleee on his left calf. He was in good spirits and said emphatically that he will play tomorrow night against Utah.
- I am also listed as day-to-day with flu-like symptoms. Look for the Full Court Press tomorrow morning. Next person to crack a swine flu joke gets banned.
In case you ever wondered what a Blazers practice basketball looked like, here's a picture.
-- Ben (firstname.lastname@example.org)