So now that we used the MLE on a center (Chris Kaman), and Mo's future is up in the air, I have decided to compile a list of free agent point guards we can target.
1) Will Barton/CJ McCollum development (use the BAE on a backup SF or PF)
2) DJ Augustin (too expensive?)
3) Leandro Barbosa--slasher type, can get to the rim, not a great distributor, 31y
4) Kent Bazemore--25y, potential as defensive stopper, not a great shot, still raw, not a great passer
5) Steve Blake--Good passer, said he's open to Blazers, 35y, not the best shot, bad defense
6) Aaron Brooks--29y, can knock down occasional 3s, decent passer, inconsistent.
7) Jordan Farmar--27y, good 3pt shooter, bad defense, can he get to the rim?
8) Jimmer Fredette--25y, great shooter, bad passer, bad defense
10) Toure Murry--24y, good passer, can get to rim, benched on terrible NYK team, inconsistent shooter
11) Jameer Nelson--decent passer/shooter, 32y, not athletic,
12) Ramon Sessions--Good passer, can shoot and drive a bit (too expensive?)
13) Beno Udrih--Can play defense, can shoot the 3 ball (on some years) 31y old?
Questions or comments, or should we pursue PG's with the BAE?