So I'll start with the link:
So, lots of players being moved, and I think from the Blazers perspective it makes a ton of sense. Obviously. We have a middle of the road bench right there (with Mo) without even using our MLE or BAE yet.
So why do the Sixers do it?
1. They can do it before they have to sign their picks, so they can waive the extra players they don't want.
2. They get a wing prospect (which they want) in CJ, but they ALSO get a PF prospect in TRob that certainly can fit into Philly.
3. They actually GAIN 1.65 million in cap space.
4. They also get rid of JRich who doesn't fit their plan.
5. The players that they are receiving that could be good WON'T win them games next year, so they still get to tank like they want.
Not an easy sell really, it involves a ton of players which rarely happens in the NBA. But all that being said, this is the sort of trade that actually does happen... the behind the scenes trade. Looking around the league, I don't see many other partners where things even make sense right now with what Portland is willing to give up, the contracts it has, and what it is looking for.