Wow! There still not much more to say about the Dame-Winner. I had the great fortune to be in the arena to watch history be made by ice cold killer Damian Lillard. I am still riding that high, as is most of the city. It was great to get to work this morning and relive the greatness of that moment with all of my coworkers. Sharing stories about waking kids with the incontrollable yelling in response to what they just witnessed,, about random stranger hugging in the arena or bar, about the pure ecstasy of the moment. It is still hard to believe we all watched that happen. It really feels like we have captured lightening in the bottle hear, amazing.
The thing that has finally settled in to me, we also witnessed great basketball from a lot of other guys that very night. Moments worth remembering even though they will forever be overshadowed by 'the shot' (and appropriately so). Here are a few of my favorite moments from other players not in any particular order:
- Nic Batum's shot to tie the game, that too was clutch and vital.
- Matthews saving the ball while jumping onto the press table.
- LMA converting that save by Matthews into 2 points.
- The string of Lopez baskets in the 4th, most importantly the put back.
- Damian closing the first qtr with 9 straight points, including a 4 point play.
- Jumping out to a 7 - 0 lead.
- Aldridge going off for 30-13.
- Lopez block where TRob would have blocked if Robin missed it.
- Batum's huge 3 pointer.
- Matthew's defense on Harden's last shot, and in general.
- The Harden flop Lopez dunk in Asik's face.
- The TRob Tornado.
I am sure there are more, what other plays do you guys remember from game 6?