NEW: After a hilariously long day of decisions, indecisiveness and decisions again, Dwight Howard has finally decided to join the Houston Rockets. The Los Angeles Lakers have been informed of the decision, and their General Manager Mitch Kupchak already publicly commented about his departure. It's a done deal at this point.
NEW Themade a major salary-dump move to the . , and go to Utah along with multiple Warrior first-round picks, including 2014. In return, the Warriors received the non-guaranteed contract for .
NEW The Warriors then signedfor 4 years, $48 million.
PLAYERS REPORTEDLY OFF THE MARKET
NEW Jose Calderon (Leaves DET for DAL) - 4yr, $29m [Multiple]
NEW OJ Mayo (Leaves DAL for MIL) - 3yr, $24m [Woj]
Matt Barnes (Stays with LAC) - 3yr, ~12m
Josh McRoberts (Stays with CHA) - 2yr, $6m
Andre Iguodala (Leaves DEN for GSW) - 4yr, $48m
(Leaves UTA for CHA) - 3yr, $41m [Woj]
(Leaves CHI for SAS) - 2yr, $6m [Woj]
(SAC S&T to NOP for Lopez and Vasquez) [Sactown Royalty]
JR Smith (Stays with NYK) - 4yr, $25m [Isola]
Kyle Korver (Stays in ATL) - 4yr, $24m [Stein]
(Stays in MIN) - 3yr, $16m [Woj]
(Leaves OKC for MIN) - 4yr, $28m [Woj]
(Stays in SAS) - 4yr, $36m+ [Woj]
(Stays in SAS) - 2ry, $14m [Manu]
(Stays in MEM) - 4yr, $20m [Woj]
(Stays in IND) - 3yr, $36m [Woj]
(Stays in WAS) - 4yr, $22m [Woj]
(Leaves POR for WAS) - 2 yr, $4m [See Article]
[See the bottom of this post for the most well-known players still available]
The Raptors are trading Andrea Bargnani to the Knicks for Marcus Camby, Steve Novak, the ' 2016 first-round pick and two second round picks. [as per Woj]
- OJ Mayo and the Bucks are in advanced negotiations.
- The Brandon Krisztal). Multiple reports now state that various teams are making a run at Andre. Who knows, this could become a bidding war.' first offer to Andre Iguodala was 5 years, $63 million. (
- In an interview with Sports 790 (summarized here), GM Daryl Morey stated he did not plan to move , even if they sign :
Daryl: Dwight is excited to play with Omer and Jeremy. He’s seen the rumors. Dwight likes that the ROX are team China and likes that Jeremy attacks as a guard. He likes Omer. Their names have been out there in rumors. Rumor that Omer would be available is not true. Originally they were trying to create room people called IN about Jeremy and Omer. Not looking to move either.
Host: So if you could sign Dwight and keep the lineup in tact you’d want to do that? Keep Omer in starting lineup with Dwight?
Daryl: No. They wouldn’t play together, maybe sometimes in experiments. We feel with both playing (Omer as backup) they have top 10 defense on floor at all times.
Host: Omer would be a HUGE luxury though?
Daryl: Yeah, people say that but we don’t look at it that way. What Omer would bring in his minutes is bigger than what another player would bring that we would trade him for. An upgrade at the 4 wouldn’t bring as much to the team as Omer in 15-20 minutes.
- Chris Haynes reports that the Blazers have reached out to Samuel Dalembert.
- Chris Haynes at Comcast Sportsnet reports that the Blazers are not pursuing Andrew Bynum. (Whew)
- Haynes also reports that UFA Carl Landry has interest in the Blazers.
- Sam Amick says the Blazers have interest in UFA OJ Mayo.
- Tim Leighton at Pioneer Press reports that Minnesota Timberwolves GM Flip Saunders plans to retain RFA Center Nikola Pekovic.
Hoopshype Rumors NBA Media on Twitter Adrian Wojnarowski Sam Amick Marc Stein Chris Haynes Joe Freeman Chris Broussard
PS -- Please remember we're all on the same side! Even if things don't go down as you'd prefer, please try to be classy, civil and respectful to other Blazer's Edge users. Even if you're proven right, remember the rule in sports: The only thing worse than a sore loser is a sore winner.
UNRESRICTED FREE AGENTS
RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS