"On Monday, I shared the results of my WARP (Wins Above Replacement Player) projections for the prospects in this year's NBA draft. Today, I'm taking a step back to explain more details about the process and look at what the same ratings said about past drafts." (...) "Small schools, big game: Some of the players most underrated by the translations in recent years were products of the mid-majors such as Stephen Curry and Damian Lillard. When I updated the database, I had to shrink the strength of schedule adjustment to improve accuracy." (...) "Age ends up making up about 40 percent of the final WARP projection, with translated performance accounting for the other 60 percent." (...) "Let's take a look at how the updated version of the system has rated past drafts." (...) "Two lottery picks were projected for negative WARP over their first five seasons. There's still a ways to go, but both [Meyers] Leonard and particularly Rivers struggled as rookies. Additionally, Thomas Robinson's middling translation nearly exactly pegged his stats last season."