Diamonds are bullllllleeeeeeeeeep!
Seriously, why do we give people giant rocks to wear around? Why not give them something useful...like a car or some stocks or bonds. Seriously, a rock!?
This week my cousin got back from a missionary trip to Brazil. We went to Applebees tonight, and she had some cool/crazy stories.
According to her report:
- It is really hot in Brazil. REALLY hot. Some Brazilians take 5 showers a day to try to stay clean. Where they were at it was just cold water--no hot water heaters or anything like that.
- Black beans and rice with almost every meal. She said since she got back she feels drugged and sleepy whenever she eats here in the States (guessing it may be the preservatives--most of what was eaten in Brazil was fresh).
- Brazilians (at least where they were) are not used to seeing white people. Lots of people they met were like, OMGOSH, can I haz a picture with you?
- The buses drive almost 100 kilometers/hr (60mph) on dirt roads (!!) that are often full of giant potholes. Zoinks.
- They met a lot of cool people and did lots of stuff even though they showed up in Brazil with nothing but a a few pairs of clothes and one night's hotel stay. They literally just knocked on doors of schools/orphanages/churches and asked how they could help. It made me wonder if I should be a little more adventurous.
NCAA Basketball kicks off in a few hours. WHO'S PUMPED?
My mega-super upset specials for the tournament:
- 14-seed Davidson knocks off 3-seed Marquette in the first round
- 8-seed Pittsburgh knocks off 1-seed Gonzaga in the second round