Blazers as a Team
* 24-0 when they hold their opponents to less than 49.5%
* 1-1 when their opponent shoots 49.5%-50.0%
* 0-6 when their opponent shoots better than 50.0%
Since Nov 15th, the Thunder are:
* 0-2 vs the Blazers
* 20-1 vs everyone else
San Antonio Spurs are:
* 0-7 vs teams with 21 or more wins
* 25-0 vs teams with less than 21 wins
While the Blazers are 7-2 vs teams with 20 or more wins.
Blazers have scored 90 points in every game this season (Blazers don't have a steak of 90 point games to start the season of this length, since the 1988 season).
Lost sight of with the Blazers leading the league in points/3 pt percentage, the Blazers are 4th in the league in rebounding. Blazers haven't been a top 10 rebounding team since 2001-02(9th).
Aldridge has scored the 4th most points this year, and grabbed the 6th most rebounds.
Number of games with 30+ points, 10+ reb, 0 turnovers(career):
1) Dirk Nowitzki - 15
2) Shaquille O'Neal - 12
3) Karl Malone - 10
3) Hakeem Olajuwon - 10
5) Patrick Ewing - 9
6) Antawn Jamison - 8
7) LaMarcus Aldridge - 6
7) Tim Duncan - 6
9) Charles Barkley - 5
*From 1985 onward
What was that Chuck, you GUARANTEE the Blazers won't win @Oklahoma City? Like many of your 30+ pt/10+ reb games, it appears you fumbled the ball away on that one.
Number of games with 30+ points, 20+ reb(career):
1) Charles Barkley - 20
2) Shaquille O'Neal - 18
3) Hakeem Olajuwon - 13
4) Patrick Ewing - 8
5) Kevin Love - 7
5) Kevin Willis - 7
7) Tim Duncan - 6
7) Dwight Howard - 6
9) Kevin Garnett - 5
9) Karl Malone - 5
9) David Robinson - 5
12) LaMarcus Aldridge - 4
12) Moses Malone - 4
*From 1985 onward
Number of 30+ points, 10+ reb games for the Blazers:
1) Clyde Drexler - 36
2) LaMarcus Aldridge - 24
3) Zach Randolph - 19
4) Rasheed Wallace - 6
5) Kevin Duckworth - 5
5) Cliff Robinson - 5
5) Arvydas Sabonis - 5
*From 1985 onward
List of all NBA games with 32+ points, 10+ reb, 0 turnovers:
* LaMarcus Aldridge(12/26): 32 pts, 10 reb, 4 ast, 0 to.
* LaMarcus Aldridge(12/4): 38 pts, 13 reb, 5 ast, 2 blk, 0 to.
(Yep, no one else has one this year).
26+ pts/10+ reb games:
1) Kevin Love - 11
2) LaMarcus Aldridge - 8
3) Kevin Durant - 6
3) DeMarcus Cousins - 6
5) Carmelo Anthony - 5
5) Blake Griffin - 5
5) Dwight Howard - 5
8- Anthony Davis - 3
(No one else with more than 2.)
Put another way, 26+ pts/10+ reb games:
* LaMarcus Aldridge - 8
* Top 5 Eastern Conference Frontcourt Allstars Combined(Lebron, Paul George, Melo, Hibbert, Bosh) - 7
List of every NBA game this year with 30+ points, 20+ reb games:
* LaMarcus Aldridge(12/12): 31 pts, 25 reb, 2 ast, 2 blk, 2 stls.
* LaMarcus Aldridge(11/23): 30 pts, 21 reb, 3 ast, 3 blk, 3 stls.
* Nikola Vucevic(11/06): 30 pts, 21 reb, 3 ast, 1 blk, 1 stl.
LaMarcus Aldridge and Sidney Wicks are the only two Blazers to have 700+ points and 300+ rebounds in the first 30 games of the season.
LaMarcus Aldridge's 539 games make him the second-fastest Trail Blazer to ever reach 10,000 career points (Clyde Drexler, 500 games).
LaMarcus Aldridge is a top 5 scorer for the Blazers franchise (behind only Drexler, Porter, Cliff and Kersey).
Active Made 3pt Streak(consecutive games played with a made 3pt):
1) Kyle Korver - 101 games
2) Nic Batum - 43 games
3) Ryan Anderson - 26 games
4) Isaiah Thomas - 24 games
5) Steph Curry - 21 games
6) Paul George - 20 games
7) Kevin Durant - 17 games
Korver did sit out 4 games, so the only player in the NBA to have made a 3pt shot in every game their team has played is Nic Batum.
* Nic Batum has hit a 3pt shot in all 32 games this season.
* Wes Matthews has hit a 3pt shot in 31 of the Blazers 32 games.
* Damian Lillard has hit a 3pt shot in 29 of the Blazers 32 games.
List of NBA players averaging 13ppg, 5apg, and 5rpg: Lebron, Batum, Westbrook, MCW, and Lance Stephenson.
Batum is one of only 11 players to have messed around and got a triple double this year.
Lillard has scored the 10th most points this season, and has dished out the 12th most assists.
List of players with 3 consecutive 29+ pt/5+ ast games: Damian Lillard, Kevin Durant, and Stephen Curry.
* the most made 3 pointers in the league.
* made the 10th most free throws in the league.
* the 15th highest 3pt percentage in the league (43.8%).
* the 8th highest free throw percentage in the league (88.8%)
* the 15th highest offensive rating in the league.
* contributed the 5th most offensive win shares in the league (behind only Lebron, Durant, CP3, and KLove)
* contributed the 7th most win shares in the league (behind only Lebron, Durant, CP3, Paul George, KLove, and Steph Curry).
* has the 11th highest win shares per 48 minutest in the league.
Those last 3 are amazing!
Lillard is 8-1 in overtime games.
Lillard's past 7 games:
* 181 points (25.9ppg)
* 48 assists (6.9apg)
* 31 rebounds (4.4rpg)
* 34 of 64 from 3pt range (4.9 of 9.1 per game, 53.1%)
From July 31st: "Portland Trail Blazers star point guard Damian Lillard doesn’t plan to rest on his laurels, heading into his second NBA season after winning the Rookie of the Year award. Lillard, 23, has never lacked in self-confidence, and is setting the bar very high for the 2013-14 campaign... Because Lillard expects to improve in so many areas and is now completely adjusted to the NBA game, he’s anticipating a big 2013-14 season and setting some lofty goals for himself. ‘First of all, I want to make the playoffs,’ Lillard said. ‘This team probably doesn’t have the make-up of a championship team, but you still want to compete for one. We want to make the playoffs. I want to try and make the All-Star team. I want to be an All-NBA player. There’s a lot of stuff I want to do.’"
Robin Lopez has the 11th most blocks in the league.
Lopez is one of only 12 players shooting 54% or better from the field.
Robin Lopez has the 3rd highest Offensive Rating in the League (behind only We$ Matthews and Calderon).
We$ Matthews - http://www.blazersedge.com/2013/11/19/5121202/wes-matthews-is-a-top-5-sg
* the highest offensive rating in the league
* the 3rd highest true shooting percentage in the league.
* the 6th highest effective shooting percentage in the league.
* contributed the 7th most offensive win shares in the league.
* contributed the 16th most win shares in the league.
* the 19th highest win shares per 48 minutes in the league.
We$ Matthews has the 4th most made 3 pointers in the league (behind Lillard, Steph Curry and Klay Thompson).
He is shooting 44.2% from 3pt range.
He's almost here...
Look how excited the Blazers draft war-room(@1:40) is when they realize we are going to get CJ McCollum: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI6B1Ixtens (side note: I love Olshey's comment when Stern announces the first pick: "So much for Bennett slipping to ten." and the whole war-room bursting out in laughter).
McCollum(30pts, 6reb, 6ast, 2stls) leads 15 seeded Lehigh to a 75-70 win over 2 seed Duke in the first round of the NCAA Tournament: http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=320760150
McCollum posted a PER of 34.7 his senior year, and a PER of 32.4 in his junior year. Prior to his foot injury his senior year, McCollum was 33 of 64 from 3pt range(51.6%, or 2.8 of 5.3 from 3pt range per game): http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/cj-mccollum-1.html
What if McCollum is more talented than Lillard? While probably not likely, I do know that it is a non-zero probability.
How awesome would it be if McCollum plays his way into the starting rotation in 2014-15, giving us We$ as an X-Factor Sixth Man?
Fun Blazers reading: