FanPost

Fan reaction to losing their GM...

As is my penchant, I love to hear what fans elsewhere are saying. Note who Neil O.'s agent is. Oh, the irony. Here, from Clips Nation are a few comments:

We lose Olshey and keep VDN.

Funny how that worked out for us.

by oLiViNGSToN on Jun 4, 2012 5:34 PM PDT reply actions

i dont want to hear any rationalizing of this.

this was just a complete goof by the franchise. there’s absolutely no way around it. sterling has been toying with olshey for a long time, and chased him off to an owner that doesn’t second guess and actually acts.

this team is still owned by sterling. and right when we thought he was finally improving, he proves he’s still there. this isn’t the same old clippers, but it might just be the same old sterling.

by shap on Jun 4, 2012 5:38 PM PDT reply actions

Sterling has driven off two of the best chances to become a top contender.

First by letting Elton Brand leave,
and now, making all the wrong decisions in the most important offseason in Clippers history (so far)

by CIipperNation on Jun 4, 2012 5:44 PM PDT reply actions

This organization continues to make the exact opposite moves of what it should be doing.

I’m in disbelief and in despair.

Damn what’s next?

"When I get into the lane, man, it’s like you’re in Baskin Robbins, you know what I’m saying? You just pick whatever you want." -Chris Paul

by Raining Buckets on Jun 4, 2012 5:45 PM PDT reply actions

From the other thread

KA says that this had to do with job security, not money. This owner is not interested in supporting the franchise. Why should the fans?

As I said in the other thread, I’m out. No more season tix. No more support.

Ciao.

"[Fans are] not technically a lot of times savvy. They don't understand and they don't weigh issues the way that [I] weigh them."
Mike Dunleavy, Sr.

by Jax on Jun 4, 2012 5:45 PM PDT reply actions

ARGH!!!

This has our deeply incompetent and sleezbag owner’s greasy fingerprints all over it. We KEEP Vinny? And LOSE NO?!
The exact OPPOSITE of what the franchise should be doing to lock up long term stability….really think Blake and CP3 are gonna sign MAX extentions with some nincompoop – or worse, The Donald negotiating directly with them…?
Shoot me.
20 yrs of ticks and this…
I’m soooooooooo done.
(until I’m not)
We’re a joke again.

by BadDaddyDex on Jun 4, 2012 5:47 PM PDT reply actions

ugh

does make it hard to support a team that seems to never really be all that serious about basketball. Sure they’ll still be fun to watch, but man how do you expect to be taken seriously as a franchise when you continue to have questionable front office decisions which you don’t see from any of the marquee franchises in this league. Obviously if the clips bring in someone with more experience and comes in saying all the right things with a clear cut vision for the future of the franchise, it will change everything, but this move is disappointing to say the least.

by osamu on Jun 4, 2012 5:51 PM PDT reply actions

cant remember the last time i was this stunned by a personnel move

by shap on Jun 4, 2012 5:53 PM PDT reply actions

I say we all wait for more details

For all we know, Olshey simply back stabbed the Clippers. My gut feeling tells me that this is the case. While we thought he was using Portland as leverage to get a nicer contract, he could have just been using the Clippers to get a better looking offer from Portland. Before we go on a binge about how we hate the Clippers’ Organization and DTS, maybe we should wait until the WHOLE story comes out. If the whole backstabbing is true, maybe we don’t want him back. Because I know that if I were lying and I just used an organization for a fatter paycheck, “Job security” is a pretty convenient excuse that I would use.

by SurfinQ00 on Jun 4, 2012 5:54 PM PDT reply actions

I

X

forgot?

Please choose a new SB Nation username and password

As part of the new SB Nation launch, prior users will need to choose a permanent username, along with a new password.

Your username will be used to login to SB Nation going forward.

I already have a Vox Media account!

Verify Vox Media account

Please login to your Vox Media account. This account will be linked to your previously existing Eater account.

Please choose a new SB Nation username and password

As part of the new SB Nation launch, prior MT authors will need to choose a new username and password.

Your username will be used to login to SB Nation going forward.

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.

Join Blazer's Edge

You must be a member of Blazer's Edge to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Blazer's Edge. You should read them.

Join Blazer's Edge

You must be a member of Blazer's Edge to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Blazer's Edge. You should read them.

Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

tracking_pixel_9347_tracker