The Portland Trail Blazers chose Damian Lillard after a wild first five picks. Join the discussion below!
There is no major news across the NBA so far today. Make sure to also follow the Blazersedge Twitter feed as Ben reports live from New Jersey.
Official First Round Draft Order (updating live!)
1. New Orleans Hornets: Anthony Davis, PF/C
2. Charlotte Bobcats: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, SF
3. Washington Wizards: Bradley Beal, SG
4. Cleveland Cavaliers: Dion Waiters, SG
5. Sacramento Kings: Thomas Robinson, PF
6. Portland Trail Blazers (from Nets): Damian Lillard, PG
7. Golden State Warriors: Harrison Barnes, SF
8. Toronto Raptors: Terrence Ross, SG
9. Detroit Pistons: Andre Drummond, C
10. New Orleans Hornets (from Timberwolves): Austin Rivers, SG
11. Portland Trail Blazers:
12. Houston Rockets:
13. Phoenix Suns:
14. Milwaukee Bucks:
15. Philadelphia 76ers:
16. Houston Rockets (from Knicks):
17. Dallas Mavericks:
18. Minnesota Timberwolves (from Jazz):
19. Orlando Magic:
20. Denver Nuggets:
21. Boston Celtics:
22. Boston Celtics (from Clippers):
23. Atlanta Hawks:
24. Cleveland Cavaliers (from Lakers):
25. Memphis Grizzlies:
26. Indiana Pacers:
27. Miami Heat:
28. Oklahoma City Thunder:
29. Chicago Bulls:
30. Golden State Warriors (from Spurs):
Welcome to the 2012 NBA Draft! Finally, we'll see a glimpse of the Blazers' future. Tonight, at 4:30pm on ESPN, they have the 6th, 11th, 40th, and 41st picks. Hang out here and follow the picks live with your fellow fans! Here's what we have planned this evening:
- Dave is standing by, with analysis of today's events and transactions.
- As noted at the top, Ben is in New Jersey, providing updates and rumors live from the draft.
- I'm playing host tonight, and keeping the conversation moving. After the draft, we'll make sure you have places to discuss the aftermath, your opinions, grades, their next moves, etc.
Below the break is a reminder of the site rules, and how to best use the fanposts and fanshots. They're especially useful on draft night. Please take a minute to read them!
Now, please bear with me a quick moment as I play The Heavy. [Moderator-mode: On]
Everyone has been so excited about the draft that we've relaxed the rules about fanposts and commenting a little bit, when has led to some interesting insanity. As of the draft, we're going to get back into our normal rhythm. So a few reminders...
- Don't be "that guy" in comments. We're all here to either laugh and enjoy how well the day went, or laugh and commiserate about how badly it went. Someone will always be unhappy, because everybody likes different players. But we're all in this together. Please don't be rude or aggressive in your opinions, or focus on the person instead of the topic, or make snide responses when you disagree.
- If you have a link to a news story, or a generally interesting link (like a video that's useful), please use Fanshots for that. Please make sure nobody has posted it before you. For example, we've deleted 5 duplicates of the Clyde/Magic "Dream Team" story in the last two days. (Thanks to those who already always check first!)
- If you have extended analysis, that's what the fanposts are for. If your fanpost is one paragraph long, or needs extra characters to meet the minimum requirement, consider if it should just be a comment in an existing post instead. Keep in mind everyone will want to give their opinion about tonight's draft; if everyone gave their opinion in a separate fanpost, we'd be flooded. So please use the comments instead. We promise we'll have lots of places to give your opinion of the draft, so you won't need to create new fanposts for that.
- Don't swear please. We want everyone comfortable visiting. Even if you think the Blazers messed up the draft. Masking letters (like Blazers***e) or using abbreviations to get around the no-swear rule also isn't allowed.
- Not a rule, just a general tip: Telling everyone "I told you so," or making yet another KD/Oden joke may sound cool when you think of it, but will usually just be seen as snarky by most people. Just chuckle privately to yourself, keep it classy and move on. :)
In general, just hang out, be cool, chat away, relax and enjoy the craziness that is NBA Draft day. If someone's breaking the rules, don't respond, just flag it and keep moving. We won't always dump the offending item (it's often a judgment call), but we'll try to take a look.