With War Room at the Tualatin Practice Facility under lock and key, and no whispers of anything tangible for us to sink our teeth in, I ask what is your dream scenario by end of day tomorrow, and what is acceptable for you to feel like it will be success?
- We get Kyle Lowry and the #16 pick in exchange for the #6, #40, #41.
- We then trade #16 and Jamal Crawford to PHX for the #13.
- At #11 we draft Meyers Leonard
- At #13 we draft Perry Jones 3
We walk out with a proven PGOTF to pair with our All-Star, a big who has tremendous upside and passion, and arguably the most skilled player in the draft. PJ3, working alongside LMA and Hickson will be great for him learn. You can't have enough talented bigs, and PJ3 will eventually be able to play and guard all three frontline postions. Imagine this monster line up to punish teams: Lowry, Batum, PJ3, LMA, Leonard. And all your bigs run the floor as well as guards!!!! That's scary.
- We draft Damian Lillard with #6
- We draft Meyers Leonard with #11
- We trade Jamal #40, #41 for a mid 20's pick, perhaps to Boston or Indiana, and draft Fab Melo.
Lillard looks solid. He better be at #6. Get two bigs who are projects, but huge size and athleticism. Along with insurance if one gets the knee "bug", or falls flat. Both have great upside as defenders, rebounders, and shot blockers. This team is starved for players who do all three of those things.