We've all been reading everything about these players leading up to the draft, and we all have our own ideas of what the Blazers needs are. My questions are:
What five specific traits/abilities would you want to add to this team?
What player in this draft has most or all of them?
If the player is projected 2-5 what assets would you trade to move up?
Examples of traits: Passion to excel, rebounder, sets strong picks, high BBIQ, no injury history or red flags, history of steady development, strong work ethic, professional and mature, coachable, solid to great FT%, court vision, passing ability, able to hedge and recover on P&R, lateral quickness, long arms, attacks the basket, plays well in a TEAM offense, potential to dominate the position, mean streak on the court, leadership ability, defense before offense mindset, passing, ambidextrous, clutch scoring, etc.
- Self motivated- I believe everything starts with the internal motivation to dominate and a pure hatred of losing. Without that it's unlikely he'd reach his full potential.
- Lateral quickness- Without the ability to shift laterally quickly, he's just an immobile pole to run around. Mobility makes him a fence...with arms.
- Mean streak on the court- Taking the self-motivated to the next level; it tries to mentally AND physically dominate and opponent. I want an Alpha Dog!
- Plays well in a TEAM offense- I want someone that understands he's on the floor with four other highly gifted players each with their own strengths. He needs to know how to use their gifts to make himself more effective, but just as importantly he needs to know how to use his gifts make THEM more effective.
- NO INJURY HISTORY OR RED FLAGS!!! I just can't take it again. Please, no more.
Player: Thomas Robinson
Trade assets: #6, #11, We$