This is my first time to write for this site or in any other so please pardon any mistake that I'll make while writing this post. Also, please don’t mind my grammar for I may commit some tense inconsistencies.
My Love for the Team
I don’t live in the Portland or even the U.S. but my love for the Trailblazers can’t be compared to any other fan here in my country for any other NBA team. I have been a Blazers Fan since the year 1998 when I was eight years old and I would say that I have been with you guys through all the ups and downs. I have been visiting this site for almost every day for five years now and I can surely relate to you guys.
I wanted to write this post to suggest what our team should do for the upcoming draft. I suggest that we should take the best player possible. To me, I guess for our #6th pick, we should select either Andre Drummond or Jared Sullinger. We wanted both of these guys, I read some of the post here in blazersedge and some would hope for a top 3 pick months before. Now, is the time that either of these players are available for our 6th Pick. I don’t know what the NBA is doing with its mock draft but I rather accept Chad Ford’s Mock Draft or Draft Express Mock Draft.
We must take a big with our first pick for a number of reasons:
- Both guys are better than the others that would still be available
- Getting a Big would not force us to re-sign J.J. Hickson, we can even renounce his rights
- We really need a Big to partner with LMA
- There more chances to get a point guard in free agency
Personally, I like Sullinger more than Drummond and these are my reasons.
- Sullinger has greater averages than Drummond in points and rebounds
- Drummond is Shorter as a Center than Sullinger as a Power Forward
- Sullinger has a greater upside than Drummond ( based on skill set)
I recognize that not everyone will approve of this but this is just my take. Either love it or hate it. I know you’ll comment on this and I would be happy to hear from you guys who are the real true fans. Thanks a lot for reading my post.