The Portland Trail Blazers released their preseason schedule for the 2011-2012 NBA season via press release on Thursday. This year's slate is highlighted by trips to both Vancouver, British Columbia, and the new Matthew Knight Arena at the University of Oregon in Eugene.
Here's the release.
The Portland Trail Blazers have announced their seven-game preseason schedule today, highlighted by three games at the Rose Garden against Western Conference rivals.
Portland will take the first steps in building on last year's 48-win season and third straight trip to the postseason when it opens up the preseason schedule with a home game against Utah on Sunday, Oct. 9. The Trail Blazers also play host to Golden State (Oct. 13) and Phoenix (Oct. 15) before hitting the road for the remainder of the exhibition season.
For the second time in three seasons, Portland will travel to Vancouver, B.C., to play Phoenix on Oct. 17. The Trail Blazers will also face Sacramento at Matthew Knight Arena in Eugene, Ore., on Oct. 25. Rounding out the preseason slate are road contests at Utah (Oct. 21) and at Golden State (Oct. 27).
Preseason tickets will be available for purchase in early October by calling 503.797.9600 or online at trailblazers.com.
TRAIL BLAZERS 2011-12 PRESEASON SCHEDULE (ALL TIMES PACIFIC)
Date | Opponent | Time | Venue
- Sunday, October 9 | vs. Utah Jazz | 6 PM | Rose Garden
- Thursday, October 13 | vs. Golden State Warriors | 7 PM | Rose Garden
- Saturday, October 15 | vs. Phoenix Suns | 7 PM | Rose Garden
- Monday, October 17 | @ Phoenix Suns | 7 PM | General Motors Palace (Vancouver, BC)
- Friday, October 21 | @ Utah Jazz | 6 PM | Energy Solutions Arena
- Tuesday, October 25 | @ Sacramento Kings | 7 PM | Matthew Knight Arena ( Eugene, OR)
- Thursday, October 27 | @ Golden State Warriors | 7:30 PM | Oracle Arena
Here's a link to the Portland Trail Blazers regular season schedule.
This is all pending the resolution of the ongoing lockout, of course.
-- Ben Golliver | firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter