Here goes your fourth battle of six in the Blazers Star Smackdown. Since the guy's in town today I figured we should run his matchup! If he loses, well those are the breaks when you're in the big time.
The exercise pits 24 of Portland's better-known stars from the last 40 years against each other to determine your ultimate favorite. If you don't know the rules, they're right after the jump. Pay particular attention to the instructions on how to vote. Also feel free to converse about these guys and the matchup apart from your actual vote.
In the comment section below please vote for one of these players:
Keep in mind you can use almost any criteria you wish to make your vote but only consider their Portland career when doing so. Enjoy!
- Each day you'll get a head-to-head matchup. Vote for one as the winner. Use any criteria you wish: talent, contributions, effect, or just that you like 'em better.
- Consider only a player's Portland tenure in your decision. Nothing for other teams counts!
- We are NOT doing simple polls on these because polls can be spammed. One account, one vote in the comment section.
- Please label your vote clearly in the subject line of your comment. Feel free to explain at length and argue in the body of the comment. We encourage discussion (it's the point, in fact) but please do NOT cast your original vote seeded as a reply to someone else's comment.
- The *asterisk* above indicates this caveat: Bill Walton, Clyde Drexler, Maurice Lucas, and Terry Porter will not be a part of the Star Smackdown. By contributions or popularity they're superstars and would probably make the other voting meaningless. We're reserving a special category for them in another year.