Here is a quick run down of how our off-season should go down, provided we don't do any major trades:
2. Re-sign Oden: We can't let him go at this point. I think 4 years/$40mil is too much though. Something like 3/$25 with a team option for a fourth year or benchmarks/incentives would be a much more fair contract for him. I don't see anybody else offering him something much bigger than that.
3. Sign Dragic with some of the mid-level: A good shooter and backup point, maybe a future starter.
4. Sign Troy Murphy: Helps with two problems, size and shooting.
5. Bring back Prz or another tough big man: I miss Joel and I think his toughness would have been a big boost in the playoffs. He could beat up Chandler and the rest of the Dallas cowards. Center depth is always a good thing too.
6. Trade Rudy for a role-player that actually, you know, plays his role: I did like Rudy's energy this year, problem is that guards who bring energy aren't that hard to find. He is a shooter that can't shoot. Trade him to a fast-paced team or a team that needs the Spanish fan-base. Portland doesn't really need his international flair; they would sell-out with or without it.
7. Extend Batum: Lock Batum up to a long term extension, hopefully a modest one. Management needs to make sure this happens before another team gets a chance to steal him from us.
8. Re-sign Patty if there is room: If this all goes down there probably won't be though. I really like his locker room presence and energy and I would really miss him. But we need legit big men more than we need a cheerleader. Armon has more upside I think.
Fields (from NYC in the Rudy trade, or a different role player)
One thing that may unfortunately have to be explored is dumping Brandon's contract, but I'm not discussing that right now.