I hate to blame games on the refs, but that 4th quarter was ridiculous. It was obvious that the contact on both ends of the court was being treated differently, and it wasn't just a couple calls - it was several calls or missed calls.
My wish for game 2 - the refs that worked the Atlanta / Orlando game that had the fouls 30/29.
I also wish that:
- We give up on the isolation play at the end of quarters for Roy (or Patty when he's in there). Can't we just run a normal play for Aldridge or Batum or Wallace at the end of a quarter?
- Andre does not take a 3 point shot.
- Rudy elects not to pressure the ball when Barea has it just inside the half court line. It would be nice to see him lay off Barea so he doesn't go right around Rudy. I'd like to see Barea take a few outside shots.
- I'd like the refs to take a look at the bruises on Aldridge's back from all the Chandler forearms.
- I'd like to see less "panic defense", especially from Andre. I'd be fine if Andre wouldn't leave Kidd alone on the 3 point line to help out on a Stephenson drive.
- I'd like to see Aldridge stay in the game after he scored like 10 points in a row.
- Most of all, I'd like Nate to wake up when it comes to Roy and only play him 15 minutes at the back up point. He goes in for Andre, Andre goes back in for him. Andre can handle 33 minutes. Just one defensive liability on the court at a time (well, not counting Rudy).
That's all. Is that too much to ask for?