I'm happy to report that the Portland Trail Blazers won the annual fan fest game. The White team (the Starters) beat the Black team, 67-47. If you missed the game, you didn't miss too much, don't worry. Here are some notes:
- Brandon Roy did not appear tonight. However, Greg Oden was included in pregame introductions, with no noticeable limp.
- Marcus Camby did not play due to a sore back; at one point, CSN NW said they were not sure if he'd be ready for the start of the season. Not sure if that was inside info, or speculation.
- LaMarcus Aldridge did not play, still recovering from his heart procedure. However, he was introduced, and expects to play in the second preseason game.
- Both teams looked mighty rusty, after only 7 days of training camp. At times this looked like garbage time at a high school game.
- No player had a breakout performance tonight. Kurt Thomas and Chris Johnson had good nights. Elliot Williams, fully recovered from surgery, finished the game with an application for the dunk contest. Earl Barron made a case for a roster spot.
- Gerald Wallace won the MVP of the game, with 14 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals. He seemed honored to win MVP of the Fan Fest.
This is expected to be a quiet weekend here at BE, the calm before the storm, so to speak. Feel free to discuss the Fan Fest here, or any other Blazer topic that's on your mind but doesn't really need a fanpost.. We'll see you back here for the next Gameday Thread, Monday the 19th for the first preseason game against Utah.
Woo hoo, Blazers win! -Tim