We have a season! We also have a bunch of loose ends and outstanding questions. Let's be efficient and get some discussion underway. Here are some of the Big Questions:
1. What do the Blazers do with Greg Oden?
This really is question 1, right? We don't even know when he'll be back on the court. Do the Blazers re-sign him ASAP? Do they let him go RFA and simply wait to match an offer, with the fear that some team will take a big chance and make a giant offer? Would he take 3 years, 24 million? Or is that too high?
2. Will the Blazers use any Amnesty Clause on Brandon Roy?
We've covered this previously, but it's bound to come up again. It may depend on the specifics of the Amnesty Clause, I'll update this when we get word...
3. Do the Blazers need to hire a GM ASAP, or are they ok without one for a while?
It's pretty unusual to be in this state as a team. As has been discussed on the front page, they do have scouting in place, run by Chad Buchanan. Larry Miller can negotiate, and Paul Allen can make decisions. In a pinch, Bernie Bickerstaff is experienced in making calls to various GM's. But is this enough to make useful decisions?
4. Who do the Blazers pursue in Free Agency?
Obviously there has been some lobbying going on by various players. But who do you want to be in the red and black this year?
5. It's a 66 game season. How many games can the Blazers win, with a few free agents they can reasonably acquire?
Let's set the over/under at 38. Over? Under?
6. Are you ready for some game day threads??