While we continue to wait and find out how our millions of dollars will be split amongst the owners and players, I have fortunately found a worthwhile activity that still involves Blazers basketball to help pass the time: NBA 2k12 on Xbox 360..
I, for one, have always been a huge fan of the 2k series, and am "tricking" myself into thinking that the delayed or possibly canceled NBA season is a blessing in disguise. We'll see how long that lasts.. but for now, I couldn't be happier acting out my basketball fantasies on a TV I spent too much money on hoping for a Blazer season this year..
Here is my current plan to help fill the void of the ongoing lockout:
- Play out 82 game Blazer season from start to finish. Prediction: Blazers go 60-22, Luke Babbitt ends up in rotation as the victory cigar.
- Complete all of the NBA's Greatest games.
- Import all of the NBA's Greatest teams into the league to end the argument of "which team was the greatest of all time" (I have already started this, and I'm the Orlando Magic w/Penny and Shaq. I'm 2-2 thus far.. It's surprisingly challenging/enjoyable. My first game was against the Charlotte Hornets, and Mugsey Bogues ran circles around me..)
- Start My Player mode and create myself as a PG, ultimately (hopefully) landing on the Blazers at some point because, let's be honest, at 6'3", bald, and overweight, I am the point guard of the future. Even at 28 years old..
- Repeat steps 1-4 as necessary.
How are you passing the time at present? Any other 2k12 fans out there on Blazers Edge? If so, what are your "plans" for the game?